PURPOSES OF THE ASSOCIATION
- To encourage, foster and promote the interests of Contractors to the Petroleum Industry.
- To join, affiliate and co-operate with the Association in promoting and advancing any movement for the betterment of the Petroleum Industry.
- To represent and submit to government statutory bodies and other organisations any matter which will affect the interest of the Industry.
- Members shall continually strive to improve our profession so that it may be of ever increasing benefit to the Industry, public and environment.
- Members shall uphold these ethics by precept and example, and encourage by counsel and advice to other Members and their adherence to such standards.
- The Petroleum Industry Contractors Association of WA (PICA WA) was incorporated in 1993 as the WA chapter of the National PICA Association. As suggested by the name, the Western Australian Chapter focuses on the needs of the local Industry.
- PICA WA’s membership is made up of industry contactors, installers, suppliers and Government Instrumentalities whose main goal is to promote professionalism, education, safety, training and certification within the downstream petroleum industry.
- Companies and individuals who are operating within the petroleum field, or who store and dispense flammible or combustible liquids, are entitled and encouraged to join PICA WA.
- Please enquire through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. A copy of the order form for your required publication can be found be found by using the following link.
- PICA WA has established itself as a voice between its members, regulatory bodies and petroleum marketers.
- We have been able to assist in various group discussions to effect changes within our Industry to the benefit of all concerned.
- PICA WA membership is increasingly a prerequisite for tank owners demanding proficient and professional contractors.
- PICA WA has been instrumental in producing a number of guidance notes relating to best and safest practices in procedures for all facets of petroleum product, handling and storage (see below publication/promotionss).
- PICA WA wil commence induction training classes for new inductees to the indudstry for its members in 2013. PICA WA also provides audits for its members to ensure continual compliance with the governing reguations.
- PICA WA undertakes trade exhibitions for our members and industry associations on a regular basis. Our membership is well represented at industry trade shows nationally.
- PICA WA has produced industry literature including:
• Installation Check Lists; • Recommended Practice – RP001 Underground Tank Installations • Adhesive PICA WA Logos • Guidance Note 606 – Testing and maintenance of road tankers • Guidance Note 807 – Gas free and work permit procedures for road and rail tankers • Guidance Note 108 – Testing and maintenance of aviation fuel tankers • Guidance Note 511 – Responsible fuel handling and storage • Guidance Note 612 – Petroleum Industry Induction
All publications and guidance notes can be purchased through PICA WA email@example.com or any of its members.
PICA members are dedicated to the highest standard of professional conduct and workmanship.
Compliance to the Code of Ethics is a requisite to membership of this Association.